Thursday, July 15, 2010

"A Mother's Love"

I'll tell you a story, I'll sing you a song.
I'll rock you 'til morning, all the night long.
I'll brush back your hair, I'll whisper a prayer,
For I am your mother, I'll always be there.

Bring me a flower, write me a poem,
Your loving laughter makes our house a home,
Hold my hand now and walk with me slow,
For you are my child and someday you'll grow.

The thing that has given me joy in this life,
Is the blessing of being a mother and wife,
Singing babies to sleep, drying tears when they weep,
And naught can diminish the memories I'll keep.
-Ann Winterton Seely

This quilt was commissioned by a private collector. She wanted a quilt to honor motherhood. Each block shows a mom in a different setting. Some of the owner's favorite quotes are included in a few of the blocks and Ann wrote the poem especially for this quilt. The border is a Susan H. Garman design from her pattern, "Ladies of the Sea."